Cancer Support Team is a group of healthcare providers who work together to help you and your family cope with cancer.
To enhance the quality of life of patients and families affected by cancer.
Who can join us?
- Anyone with a primary diagnosis of cancer.
- Family members of eligible patients can also receive support services.
- Education and support about cancer treatment.
- Communication between the support team, doctor, patient and family.
- Links for patients to community resources and programs.
- Emotional and social stresses support.
- Financial support.
- Home care as needed.
Professional Nursing Care:
- Patients will receive comprehensive, coordinated services by CST
A nurse navigator assists you with coordination of diagnostic tests during the workup phase of care. The nurse navigator also follows you and your family throughout your course of treatment to provide education and support.
Pain and Side Effects Management
- CST nurses will guide you how to control the side effects of cancer treatment, especially when dealing with chemotherapy treatment.
- Example of that providing all chemotherapy patients with chemo comfort kit,
which was invented by Anne Marie Paolucci, breast cancer survivor.
The Kit Contains:
- Teas to combat nausea
- Warm socks
- A soft cap to cover your head
- Items for oral care
- A book entitled �Living Well with Cancer�
- A blank book for recording feelings and dates
- A CD of soothing music for relaxation.
- A listing of helpful hints that Anne Marie passes along as suggestions.
- CST dietician will guide you through your cancer journey on what to eat, drink and how to deal with any nutritional problems that you might face.
Counseling and Support Groups
Our Professional Social Workers
- Will discuss emotional concerns, changes in family relationships, caring for young children when one has cancer, employment issues and more.
- Providing community resources and government benefits.
- Ways to cope with changes in your health, life and physical appearance.
- How to control your feelings and deal with stress and anxiety.
Connect with other cancer patients, led by professional oncology social workers.
Types of groups:
- Online group, telephone and face to face.
- Printed materials about cancer-related issues
- Clinical cosmotologists:
- Prepare patients for physical appearance changes that they will experience due to some of the treatments.
- Help patients to cope and accept the changes in their physical appearance.
- Provide ways to overcome such changes and what interventions can be provided to patients and when.
- Palliative care
- As part of home care services, the palliative care team provides pain and symptom management to cancer patients and families.
- Our social worker will help family members of patients to cope with loss of their loved one.
Powerful benefits of cancer support team:
First of all, being a member of our cancer support team will power you in many aspects through your cancer journey, we will highlight some of them:
- Finding a safe and secure place to share experiences, feelings and connect with other patients who are facing the same challenges.
- Help you and your family to cope with cancer emotionally, physically and socially.
- Greater quality of life for patients and families.
- Improved self image, self esteem, mood and feeling of control.
- Extended support to post treatment tells back to normal life.
And the most important to remember that you are not alone in this journey
Join our cancer support team today for better outcome and improved quality of life.
Dr Areej Al Shihabi