State of the art thyroid and parathyroid surgery with intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay (rPTH), radio nuclear localization, and Gamma probe utilization, intra operative ultrasound with minimal invasive approach and outpatient / Day care surgery using update international standards.
These high standard difficult cases of thyroid & parathyroid diseases are discussed by high caliber �THYROID TEAM� including Endocrine Surgeons, Endocrinologists, Thoracic Surgeons, Nuclear Medicine Physicians, Pathologists, and Nutritionist, who meet on regular basis.
Points of Interest to Patients
- High level American and European standards
- Small scar for thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Patient can go home same day
- Local anesthesia or LMA for parathyroid surgery
- No drains
- Center of goiter, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
- Thyrotoxicosis surgical and medical management
- Recurrent thyroid surgery
- Complicated thyroid cancer with lymph node metastasis
- Clear localization of abnormal parathyroid glands by various radiological and nuclear medicine tests
- Intraoperative parathyroid hormone assay (Rapid PTH)
- Intraoperative frozen section evaluation
- Intraoperative ultra sound evaluation
- Different modalities of neck dissection for cancer
- Thoracic surgery input for retrosternal goiter or intrathoracic parathyroid gland
- Weekly multidisciplinary thyroid meeting
- Second opinion in complicated cases
- Radioactive ablation for thyrotoxicosis and thyroid cancer
- Affirma genetic test evaluation for suspicious thyroid nodules
- Genetic testing for familial conditions
- Chemotherapy and radiation for highly malignant types of cancerReferral to radiation therapy
- Second and third opinion in difficult cases
Pictures of Recently Performed Surgeries
Please click on the text to view:
- Total radical thyroidectomy with CND 1 week after surgery for thyroid cancer.
- Thyroid surgery for large MNG with intrathoracic extension 1 month after surgery.
- Thyroid surgery 1 week after and 1 year after surgery.
- Parathyroid surgery minimal invasive.
- Parathyroid surgery scar 1week after surgery.
- Redo radical thyroidectomy with right selective node dissections for thyroid cancer one year after surgery.
- Thyroid surgery 1 week after.
- Parathyroid adenoma 1.3 GM.
- PARATHYROID ADENOMA AFTER MINIMAL INVASIVE PARATHYROIDECTOMY WITH TOTAL PROCEDURE TIME 7 MIN 2 GM, 1.5 CM FROZEN SECTION CONFIRMATIONS AND DROP OF PTH 80% INTRA-OPERATIVELY.
- Left parathyroid adenoma radiology picture. Dec 2016
- Parathyroid surgery incision. Oct 2016
- Parathyroid adenoma.
- Parathyroid surgery. Dec 2017
DR. BELMA ASCIC BUTUROVIC MBBS, MD, PhD - Endocrinology Speciality Specialist Endocrinologist Languages English Ex…
DR. VIKRAM HUNDIA MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh), CCST Diabetes And Endocrinology (UK) Speciality Consultant…
DR. PAUL SAYAD MD MD FACS American Boarded Staten Island University Hospital Speciality Consultant -…
DR. FATIMA AL ZAHRAA MD C.E.S In Otolaryngology French Boarded Speciality Consultant - ENT Surgeon…
DR. SADIR ALRAWI MD FRCEEd FRCSEng CABS DGS American & British Boarded, Roswell Park Cancer…